London Design Museum receives donation for expansion
on Wednesday,June 29,2011 23:06
Terence Conran has recently donated a large sum to enable the London Design Museum to move to a bigger location. He gave the museum $28 million so that the facility could expand to three times its current size, according to Bloomberg.
"Sir Terence's exceptionally generous gift to the Design Museum will not only help this excellent institution move to a new home, but will also help showcase Britain's ability to produce some of the world's greatest designers," Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt said.
According to the Guardian, Conran established the museum's predessor, the Boilerhouse, in 1982, and is looking forward to this next step as it is moved to the old Commonwealth Institute.
"Moving to the Commonwealth Institute will allow all our dreams and ambitions for the Design Museum to come true, to create a world-class space with the size and scope for the serious promotion and celebration of design and architecture in this country," Conran told the news source.
The new home for the museum is expected to be completed in 2014.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.