Design jobs on the rise
on Tuesday,July 05,2011 19:07
It was recently reported that the job market for individuals in the retail and fashion fields is improving as higher salaries and job mobility is increasing, which is based off a survey that was conducted by 24 Seven's Fifth Annual Salary Survey. This includes design, sales and marketing, merchandising product development, operations and e-commerce.
The best fields in this market to break into are currently fashion design, digital and e-commerce because they are growing. Also, the base salaries in the past year have increased about 20 percent.
"The recession has re-shaped job expectations, and we're now seeing star talent on all levels leaving to create their own opportunities, redefine their career paths and increase their on-the-job satisfaction level," said Celeste Gudas, the president and found of 24 Seven. "Companies need to become more attuned to the desires of employees in order to attract and retain talent and remain competitive in this post-recession environment."
There is also a lot of movement expected in the design field as 68 percent of individuals who responded stated that they planned to move career-wise in the next year. In addition, 50 percent said they have already been looking for new jobs, leaving their design jobs up for grabs.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.