Georgia student won T-shirt design contest
on Tuesday,July 05,2011 19:07
Students from the University of West Georgia had the opportunity to design a shirt for the annual Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta, according to the Times-Georgian.
These digital media students competed with professional designers, and one of the students won. Senior Jessica Ferguson got the opportunity to watch 60,000 people wear her design as they ran the annual road race. She also received a $1,000 prize and was introduced during the event, according to the news source.
This is the second consecutive year that one of the students won the contest.
"It feels great to do it two years in a row," Clint Samples, Ferguson's teacher, told the media outlet. "It's a great accomplishment for the class and the student. These students are competing against professional designers and winning. We're very proud of them."
Prospective graphic designers may want to know what the job market will be like after they graduate. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment is expected to increase by 13 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.