Georgia student won T-shirt design contest
on Tuesday,July 05,2011 19:07
Students from the University of West Georgia had the opportunity to design a shirt for the annual Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta, according to the Times-Georgian.
These digital media students competed with professional designers, and one of the students won. Senior Jessica Ferguson got the opportunity to watch 60,000 people wear her design as they ran the annual road race. She also received a $1,000 prize and was introduced during the event, according to the news source.
This is the second consecutive year that one of the students won the contest.
"It feels great to do it two years in a row," Clint Samples, Ferguson's teacher, told the media outlet. "It's a great accomplishment for the class and the student. These students are competing against professional designers and winning. We're very proud of them."
Prospective graphic designers may want to know what the job market will be like after they graduate. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment is expected to increase by 13 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.