Model Claudia Schiffer launches fashion line
on Thursday,July 07,2011 00:07
The German supermodel Claudia Schiffer announced that she will be designing her own fashion line. She announced the launch of the new collection at the Haute Couture fashion week in Paris, according to Reuters.
The 40-year-old model explained that she has been thinking about fashion design for a long time. She is focusing on what she likes to wear as a mom, which is cashmere sweaters and dresses. She has three children with film director and husband Michael Vaughn, according to the media outlet.
"I am always very busy, I have a family life... I want to wear the same outfit when I bring my children to school and then go to work with it and in the evening I want to be able to just change accessories," Schiffer told the news source.
More than 50 stores worldwide have already purchased the sweaters in her clothing line, the news provider reports.
According to MSNBC, Schiffer has been on the cover of more than 500 magazines, and featured in adds for Yves Saint Laurent, Salvatore Ferragamo, L'Oreal make-up and Chanel.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.