Design graduate created new banner for local bank
on Thursday,July 07,2011 00:07
Huntington Bank in Columbus, Ohio, recently hired a local artist and Columbus College of Art and Design (CCAD) Alum, to design its new welcome banner.
Elizabeth Heller Allen, the chief communications officer at the bank, recommended the winning artist, Kirstin Bowen. Allen was one of the main reasons that Bowen's design was selected. Allen also was the person to make sure they went for local talent instead of hiring someone elsewhere.
"Not only did we have the privilege to work with a local small business owner and the opportunity to showcase a Columbus institution, but we're already receiving great feedback from our colleagues about adding a fun and stylish scarf to our new apparel line," said Allen.
Bowen is well known for her lavish, vibrant murals that still decorated local businesses, and now her design is displayed at the bank's location.
Bowen's banner design was also recreated into a scarf, which debuted during the CCAD annual fashion show this past May. It will be a part of the career apparel line in which the bank employees are required to wear.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.