Mentors for new fashion show announced
on Friday,July 08,2011 01:07
The mentors for the upcoming fashion designer show, "Fashion Star," were recently finalized and announced. These three individuals will be guiding the participants of the show, according to NBC Los Angeles.
Fashion designer and singer Jessica Simpson was already confirmed to be one of the mentors. Now, designer and celebrity Nicole Richie and designer John Varvatos will be joining Simpson for the new series.
The show, which will be have its participants designing clothing that can easily be mass-produced, will start up this fall, and will be hosted by supermodel Elle Macpherson.
"Jessica, Nicole, John and Elle make the most exciting team we have ever worked with on a reality television show and we are thrilled to feature such an extraordinary group of mentors and designers," Ben Silverman, the executive director, told the news source.
Prospective fashion designers can make around $61,000, which was the annual median salary in 2008, according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, it is possible to make twice as much depending on how successful a designer becomes.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.