Nahant designer incorporates tie-dye to collection
on Monday,July 11,2011 21:07
The Nahant fashion designer, Carter Smith, has incorporated Shibori, which is more commonly known as tie-dye, and the Japanese art form origami, into his many styles and collections, according to ItemLive.
Smith uses these tools to create lavish colors on simple dress structures. His goal is to create the dress that makes women feel confident and comfortable. He coined this as the "Magic Dress."
"When you put on the right piece, this connection happens that brings out a kind of inner beauty in the wearer," Smith told the news provider.
Smith's dresses are one-of-a-kind - literally. The news source reports that he has never made the same dress twice in the 46 years that he has been a designer.
Prospective fashion designers can make around $60,000 once their career takes off. That figure was the annual median salary for professionals in this field in 2008, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, it is also possible to make a great deal more. In that same year, the top 10 percent of fashion designers earned over $125,000 annually.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.