Interior design inspired by movies
on Thursday,July 14,2011 22:07
Many individuals look for inspiration when they are thinking about decorating or changing out a space. According to Detroit Free Press, interior designer Cathy Whitlock looks into different films and movies before she starts a project.
Whitlock is currently redecorating her den. She explained that she will be looking into the movie "It's Complicated" first, which she believes to have various clean lines and slipcovers that make the space seem both comfortable and elegant, according to the news provider.
The recently cancelled ABC show "Brothers and Sisters" had one of the best kitchen designs in Whitlock's opinion, according to the media outlet.
"Design is really important because it creates the mood of the entire film," Whitlock told the news source. In addition, it also creates and enhances the mood and feel in any room.
Prospective interior designers may be given the chance to showcase their talent after they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 19 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.