Georgia license plate design up for voting again
on Monday,July 18,2011 22:07
Governor Nathan Deal of Georgia was set to reveal the contest winner of the state-wide license plate design competition this past Friday. However, due to the backlash of the statement "In God We Trust" on the bottom of the plates, the Governor decided to reopen the voting, according to the Dallas-Hiram Patch.
Due to the public outcry, the voting has reopened for the next three weeks with the original eight plates in which residents are able to choose from. Now, people can opt to have "In God We Trust" on any of the plates, or they can leave it out entirely, according to the media outlet.
"We're reopening the voting for three weeks so that everyone knows what they are voting on," wrote Deal spokesman Brian Robinson in an emailed response to the news source. "There will be no stickers on the tags when voting reopens on Monday."
Individuals who are interested in graphic design may have the opportunity of landing a job in this field when they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for professionals in this field is expected to increase by 13 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.