Tennessee company earns environmental award
on Wednesday,July 20,2011 22:07
The Environmental Stewardship Award for this year, which is given by the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), was presented to the Chattanooga, Tennessee, design company green|spaces, according to the news channel WTVC-TV.
CSI - a group of architects, contractors and other building experts amounting to nearly 13,000 people - gave this award to the design company because of their forward thinking of eco-friendly design and their efforts to educate residents about the benefits of sustainable materials in buildings, according to the news source.
"Each project has received incentives from green|spaces, enabling design and construction using materials and environmentally sound practices that consider the impact of the building on the people and ecosystems around it," Brian Clarke of DH&W Architects, who nominated green|spaces, told the news provider.
This recognition has made the town of Chattanooga one of the leaders in the Southeast for sustainable buildings. There are currently 41 buildings that have received the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certifications, the media outlet reports.
Individuals who are interested in architecture may be able to land a job when they graduate from their programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.