New communication design exhibit at MoMa
on Monday,July 25,2011 23:07
The Museum of Modern Art in New York City has a new exhibit, and the basic premise of it is to say that communication is now the driving point in design, according to the New York Convergence.
The exhibit called "Talk to Me" has a wide range of communitive methods that are now available due to the computer and digital age. One of its programs named "Eyewriter" was developed to improve the communication between 911 emergency command centers, and the designer, Tony Quan, was aided by many organizations in order to finish it, according to the news provider.
"We went through so many changes in the definition of design in the 20th century with all the cliches about form following function, and the addition of meaning in the 1960s with post-structuralism, but what is really important right now is communication," Paola Antonelli, senior curator of architecture and design at MoMa, told the New York Times.
According to The Record, the exhibit also has tons of digital pets for children including Talking Carol and Tweenbot.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.