CFDA and Tiffany Co announce winners of jewelry design grant
on Tuesday,July 26,2011 22:07
The Council for Fashion Designers of America, Vogue Fashion Fund and Tiffany & Co. recently announced the winners of this year's jewelry designer award.
This year's winners are Monique Péan and Eddie Borgo. Péan was given a grant for $150,000 and Borgo won $100,000. Both have been close before as Péan was a finalist in 2009 and Borgo was a runner up in 2010.
There were nine applications submitted that included a financial plan that illustrated exactly how they planned on issuing their brand and designs along with the design and vision of the brand. Any designer who has been a part of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund since its establishment was eligible to apply.
Individuals who are interested in jewelry design may want to get into the retail trade part of it once they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, nearly a quarter of professionals in this field work in retail stores across the country.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.