Gap starts with new line this week
on Monday,August 01,2011 22:08
The stylish and classy Gap is now looking at a new edgier side of their clothing. According to the Los Angeles Times, the retail store has revamped their denim line to reflect the L.A. edge.
The new collection, which launches this week, is expected to take the L.A. lifestyle into its design. It is now hoping to compete with some of the high-end denim labels including 7 for All Mankind and True Religion, according to the media outlet.
"What's interesting is that Gap has embraced it and is committed to getting at the heart of denim," Seth Farbman, the store's global chief marking officer, told the news source. "And I think that may be the antithesis of what people think of our brand."
Prospective fashion designers can expect to make around $61,000 annually, which was the annual median salary for professionals in this field in 2008, according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. In addition, their best place to land their first job as they develop their career would be in stores that mass-produce their items.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.