iPad is earning top design among tablets
on Tuesday,August 02,2011 22:08
IHS iSuppli, one of the biggest technology research firms, recently announced that Apple's iPad is the best out of all the tablets, according to PC Magazine.
The company put iPad up against the Blackberry Playbook, the Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Xoom, HP TouchPad and the Asus Eee Pad, and the design efficiency came up on top, according the news provider.
"Since Apple controls both the operating system and the hardware design of the iPad, it is able to attain design efficiencies that other tablet manufacturers cannot," Wayne Lam, iSuppli's senior analyst of competitive analysis, told the news source. "These efficiencies become obvious in areas like the memory and the battery, where Apple maintains advantages in cost, space savings, and performance compared with every competitor in the business."
Lam added that an additional advantage that the iPad has is that their software comes within, as the other ones are from third party sources, the media outlet reports.
According to Zdnet, the importance for the other tablet manufacturers to take from this is not to copy the exact design program that they use but to seek out exactly what customers are looking for.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.