Students awarded during fashion design show
on Monday,August 08,2011 23:08
The fifth annual Walk the Walk competition was held last week, and even though Corona Del Mar High School didn't keep their title of champions, they were still honored, according to the Corona Del Mar Patch.
The high school was the first to hit the fashion show catwalk, as they showed off their favorite and best threads of the season. CDMHS won for the best head to toe overall men's design, according to the news source.
The hosts were High School Musical's Vanessa Hudgens and 90210's Tristan Wilds, and the judges were model Marisa Miller and fashion designer Ryan Hurley, the media outlet reports.
Individuals who are interested in fashion design may want to know how much they could earn after they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in this field earn around $61,000, which was the median annual salary in 2008. However, the top 10 percent made over $125,000 in that same year, so there is some significant room to grow during the career.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.