New building combines historic structure with modern design
on Tuesday,August 09,2011 22:08
The Gansevoort Market Historic District in New York City has been mixed with its old structure and new buildings over the past decade, and now there will be a new addition, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The new six-story office and retail building will maintain the historic neighborhood but will still stand out as it is going to be significantly taller, going from two-stories to six.
"I don't think that every two-story building in New York should be doing this," Morris Adjmi, the designer, told the news source. "Every case really needs to be looked at individually. This building certainly has formal merit as well as historical fabric that made us look toward using it as a base."
Individuals who are interested in architectural design and how it is possible to maintain historic buildings or how to incorporate sustainable products into old structures may be given their chance after they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.