New addition to Christian Louboutin case
on Friday,August 12,2011 21:08
Shoemaker Christian Louboutin recently sued fashion design company Yves Saint Laurent for producing a similar design to his trademarked - red-sole shoes. This past Wednesday, however, a federal judge denied Louboutin's request to halt YSL's production of the shoes, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The judge believed that it was unusual that the trademark office would even allow a color to be trademarked, according to the media outlet.
"Because in the fashion industry color serves ornamental and aesthetic functions vital to robust competition, the court finds that Louboutin is unlikely to be able to prove that its red outsole brand is entitled to trademark protection," Judge Victor Marrero wrote, the news source reports.
David Bernstein, who is representing YSL, explained that no fashion designer should be able to take a color and trademark it, the news provider reports.
According for Forbes, trademarking a color may seem over the top to some, and it is similiar to when stylist and fashion designer Rachel Zoe trademarked the phrases "I die" and "bananas."
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.