Fashion Island takes place first weekend of September
on Friday,August 12,2011 21:08
Local fashion designers are able to showcase their styles and creations during a fashion event in the beginning of September. Fashion Island is a three-day event that will take place on Staten Island, New York, as the precursor to the New York Fashion Week, according to Staten Island Advance.
There were nearly 40 designs sent in from various fashion design students in the area. There will be a display at the Staten Island Mall of all those who participated, and it will be voted on by the public. The following day will be a fashion show, where the local designers will be able to watch their creations flow down the runway, the winners will be announced after the show, the media outlet reports.
Prospective fashion designers may want to know how much they will earn after they start off their careers. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in this field can make nearly $61,000, which was the annual median salary for individuals in this field in 2008.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.