Tips on using sustainable products
on Monday,August 15,2011 22:08
There has been a big increase of buildings that are LEED certified, as many people have started to become more conscious with using sustainable projects when working on their space. Sue Reed is a landscape architect and also the author of "Energy-Wise Landscape Design." She offers homeowners will information that can help them maintain an eco-friendly environment, according to the Miami Herald.
Home owners can save money just by lessening the mowing of their lawn. If it is possible to add wildflowers or berry bushes to an area and limit the mowing, it could be substantial. Another helpful tip is taking advantage of the trees around a property.
"You can chop the leaves or just leave them whole and leave them for a year or two. It's the best possible mulch for your trees. That's how nature takes care of them," Reed told the news source. Also, she added that owners can use the leaves instead of going back to the store for mulch or wood chips.
Individuals who are interested in architectural design may be able to land a job once they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.