Fashion designer opens store in Marthas Vineyard
on Thursday,August 18,2011 23:08
Martha's Vineyard is known for its beaches and beauty, and now it is home to a fashion designer's store. Chrysal Parrot has been designing for years, and she finally opened up a boutique, Demi Monde, where she will be able to continue her custom work, the Martha's Vineyard Times reports.
"I do a lot of stuff based on historical clothing. It's just an aesthetic that I love. I love the look of the London of Oscar Wilde. That lush epicurean over-indulgence. Almost overwhelming the senses," Parrot told the news source.
It isn't just her styles and creations that have an historical aspect to them, but also what she works on. In her store there are two vintage sewing machines that she will use from time to time, the media outlet reports.
Individuals who are interested fashion design may want to know how much they will earn after they start their career. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in this field can make around $61,000, which was the annual median salary in 2008.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.