Interior designer suggests being unique
on Friday,August 19,2011 20:08
Joanna Everett recently moved into a new home, and she shared some of her interior design tips for new homeowners and designers alike, according to The West Australian.
One of the biggest things that she finds important is not to commit to a color to a room. Sometimes feelings toward a room changes, and a person does not want a bold color to be a permanent fixture in a space, according to the news source.
Also, it is important for both a designer and a homeowner to decide what they want out of the room, and how they can portray their personality in the space, the media outlet reports.
"I think what I try to achieve is a very unique look, something that hasn't been done - something that is more our personality," Everett told the news provider. "I think a house should reflect the people that live in it rather than just having a display home."
Individuals who are interested in interior design may be able to land a job when they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for professionals in this field is expected to increase by 19 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.