Charleston Fashion Week accepting applications for this years show
on Monday,August 22,2011 18:08
The Charleston Fashion Week, which takes place March 20 to 24, is now opening up their application process for their emerging designer competition, according to The Times and Democrat.
There will be 20 semifinalists who will showcase their creations during a runway show, and will be judged by well-known professionals in the industry, according to the media outlet.
Charlotte Hess is one of the few designers who has been featured in magazines such as Elle and Vogue after winning this competition.
"CFW provided me with an incredible platform to showcase my work to a massive audience," Hess told the news source. "It was an extraordinary experience, from the selection process to my final win. I couldn't imagine a more nurturing group of people to guide me into the fashion industry. I know I will continue to collaborate with the extremely talented artists, media and producers that I met that week."
Prospective fashion designers may want to know what they will earn once they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in this field make around $61,000, which was the annual median salary for individuals in this field in 2008.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.