Avril Lavigne showcases new line during Fashion Week
on Wednesday,August 24,2011 21:08
There have been quite a lot of celebrities that have taken their turn in fashion design - Jessica Simpson, the Kardashian sisters, Gwen Stefani, Katie Holmes and Selena Gomez. Now, singer Avril Lavigne can be added to the list. Lavigne is expected to introduce her new line, which is called Abbey Dawn, and the spring collection will debut during New York Fashion Week, according to the Huffington Post.
The new line will consist of oversized hoodies, long-sleeved skater T-shirts and boyfriend jeans with built in suspenders. It is also expected to be a high-energy show. She will also be incorporating a men's fashion line, which will have her signature goth and skater twist, the media outlet reports.
Individuals who are interested in fashion design may want to know how much they will earn after they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals can make around $61,000, which was the annual median salary in 2008. However, the top 10 percent of these professionals made over $125,000.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.