Florida college gets LEED certification
on Wednesday,August 24,2011 21:08
The new and improved third floor of building L on the Seminole State's Sanford/Lake Mary Campus in Florida is finished and also received a green stamp of approval, according to the university's website.
The building was originally built in the 1970s, but after its renovation of the third floor, this old facility will receive the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
"This building will show students it's possible to renovate a 40-year-old building and incorporate today’s technologies to make it energy efficient and create a healthier environment," Cheryl Knodel, program manager, told the news source.
Some of the new eco-friendly features include a highly reflective solar roof to lessen air conditioning energy, highly insulted walls, all of the products are wood-based, low flow in the bathroom faucets to use less water, daylight sensors dim lights and more than 85 percent of the construction waste was recycled instead of going to the local landfill, the media outlet reports.
Individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in architecture design after they graduate from their design programs may be able to land a job. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for professionals in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.