New green building in Seattle
on Wednesday,August 31,2011 21:08
Seattle will break ground this week to start building the greenest commercial building in the world, and it is only the beginning of a larger plan, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The city currently has 12 buildings in the works, as they decided that they should embark on this project that they have been talking about for so long, the media outlet reports.
"We started thinking, why not build the kind of building we've been encouraging everybody else to do?" the company's director, Denis Hayes, told the news source. "Instead of moving the bar a little bit, we decided, OK, probably we're not going to build more than one building, let's try to do it right. Let's try to do everything at once. I'm not sure we knew how big a bite we were taking."
Prospective architecture designers may want to know what the job market will most likely look like once they graduate from their programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for professionals in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.