National Design Award ceremony takes place next Tuesday
on Wednesday,September 07,2011 19:09
The finalists and winners of this year's National Design Awards will be having their annual ceremony a little late this year. Instead of its usual July date, First Lady Michelle Obama will be hosting the White House event for the winners on September 13.
The winners will also participate in an education design program for high school students in the Washington D.C. area prior to the luncheon. This program, titled the Teen Design Fair, will be held at the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. Matthew Carter, who earned the lifetime achievement award, and the design mind award winner Steven Heller, among the other finalists, will share their insights on the design industry.
"The First Lady is an influential champion of design and arts education, and we are honored to once again have her support as honorary patron of the National Design Awards," said Museum Director Bill Moggridge.
New York Fashion Week is scheduled for the same week, resulting in fashion designer Gilles Mendel changing his show and preventing Prabal Gurung and Jason Wu from attending
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.