Design competition for National Mall
on Friday,September 09,2011 21:09
A new design competition is underway for three different sections of the National Mall in Washington D.C., according to the Associated Press.
Designers will be asked to transform Union Square, Washington Monument grounds, or the Constitution Gardens at the Lincoln Memorial. They will have until April 2012 to showcase their creations, and the winners will be announced in May, according to the media outlet.
Since this past May, there has been an effort to raise $350 million to be put into the Mall. The president of the nonprofit National Mall Group, Caroline Cunningham, explained that the by setting up the $875,000 design competition, it allows her to raise additional funds for separate projects.
"It's an exciting crossroads ... designing and creating for the next 100 years is very humbling and exciting for us," Cunningham told the news source. "We plan to do it in a phased way so we're not raising $350 million tomorrow but over a period of time. I think it's very realistic."
According to the Sacramento Bee, Cunningham also stated that this plan is the fourth one since the creation of the Mall, more than 220 years ago
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.