Fashion Night Out starts up this evening
on Thursday,September 08,2011 22:09
Fashion Night Out is the annual blast-off party for New York Fashion Week, which takes place through September 15. The Big Apple will be all about style this evening, as celebrities and fashion designers host shopping events for patrons, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Anna Wintour, the editor of Vogue Magazine, started this event three years ago, in order to boost sales in the industry, which was affected greatly by the recession. Now, it has become quite the hit and has spread to various cities across the country.
In addition, it is also possible to experience this event while at home by accessing it online, the media outlet reports.
Fashion Night Out is not only held in New York City, but also across the country. According to the Boston Herald, Newbury Street in Boston is gearing up for this event, as it will be closed to cars for the first time in 15 years. This is the first year that Boston has truly participated in the event, and the stores will be offering drinks and appetizers to those who attend. Not to mention, Neiman Marcus in Copley Place will be staging fashion shows.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.