Detroit holds first annual design festival
on Thursday,September 22,2011 21:09
Detroit will be hosting its first-ever design festival in order to promote designers in all fields in the area, according to The Detroit News.
The festival will include more than 80 events around the city in approximately 50 different venues. Everything from fashion design to architecture will be displayed and discussed. Painters will gather with other artists and host shows involving both ideals, the media outlet reports.
Matt Clayson, the director of the festival, told the news source the the intention of the festival "is to build markets and exposure for designers and creative practitioners in the city."
He added that he hopes it will be fun, and if it is deemed successful than they hope to hold the event again next year.
Those who are interested in the architecture part of design may want to know what the job market will be like once they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for individuals in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.