Detroit holds first annual design festival
on Thursday,September 22,2011 21:09
Detroit will be hosting its first-ever design festival in order to promote designers in all fields in the area, according to The Detroit News.
The festival will include more than 80 events around the city in approximately 50 different venues. Everything from fashion design to architecture will be displayed and discussed. Painters will gather with other artists and host shows involving both ideals, the media outlet reports.
Matt Clayson, the director of the festival, told the news source the the intention of the festival "is to build markets and exposure for designers and creative practitioners in the city."
He added that he hopes it will be fun, and if it is deemed successful than they hope to hold the event again next year.
Those who are interested in the architecture part of design may want to know what the job market will be like once they graduate from their design programs. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for individuals in this field is expected to increase by 16 percent between 2008 and 2018.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Students are issued a new laptop at the beginning of their programs.
- All online services and study materials are available 24/7, with faculty available five days a week.
- All programs available online, with the MBA program offered on campus in Salt Lake City.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), with programmatic accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2010.
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.