Advanced Photoshop Tutorials
Photoshop opens up the world of creativity once you are trained in advanced Photoshop techniques. Artists and professional photographers can use Photoshop to drastically alter photos and create beautiful shots. The best Photoshop users learn how to create effects so they do not detract from the photos.
Text effects are one easy way to take advantage of the many stylistic features of Photoshop. Through the use of layers and fonts you can alter your text and create unique text effects that are perfect for an ad layout or for your next business brochure. You can learn how to recreate other texts or learn from the tutorials how to create effects that are unique to your project style and needs.
Text Effect Tutorials
- PhotoshopRoadMap.com: A guide to tutorials of 80 of the best text effects on the web
- Tutorial Outpost: Links to several unique text effects
- About.com: Guide to video tutorials for text effects
- Tutorialized: A guide to several metal text effect tutorials
Many people think only of the changes you can make to digital photos with Photoshop, but one of the nicest things you can do with Photoshop is restore old photos. After you scan your old photo you can repair it. Through the use of the healing brush, clone stamping, and blurring tools you can repair almost every photograph you find. This is an excellent way to make some extra money at home.
Restore Old Photos Tutorials
- PhotoshopChamp.com: A step by step restoration process for beginners
- About.com: Several tutorials on how to clean and restore old photos with Photoshop
- Bay Con Group: A tutorial on how to remove fold and creases from old photos
Photoshop allows you to download filters to alter your photos in a certain way. You can use filters to make your photos looked age, alter color, or create an artistic feel to your photos. You can also create your own filters so your photos are uniquely your own. You can learn how to create specific filters and then alter them to fit your needs.
Photoshop Filters Tutorials
- The Design World: Several tutorials on how to use specific filters correctly
- Pixel2life.com: Several tutorials on how to use filters to create light effects and watercolor painting effects
- Photoshop Filters: Free filter and plug-in downloads for Photoshop
- Richard Rosenman: Eight free plug in and filters designed by Richard Rosenman
Photoshop allows photographers to change so many details of their photos through its use of layers and different brush tools. When you use the brush tool it is important to begin by selecting a new layer of your image to work on. That way if you make any major mistakes you can delete the layer and start over. You should learn the best settings in order to get the effect you want. A lot of this comes through trial and error, but tutorials can help you get started.
Photoshop Brushes Tutorials
- Photoshopbrushes.com: A basic brushes tutorial to help you get started
- Elated.com: A tutorial on setting up your own brushes
- Obsidian Dawn: A tutorial on advanced brush techniques
- Photoshop Roadmap: A tutorial on advanced brush techniques
The advanced effects you can create in Photoshop are what set the professional graphic designer apart from the many amateur users of Photoshop. There are a wide variety of techniques available such as the Rain Drop technique. You can also create effects that change the color of images or allow pictures to look hand drawn.
Advanced Photoshop Effects Tutorials
- Photoshop Road Map: A guide to tutorials for several techniques
- Specky Boy: 28 tutorials on advanced Photoshop techniques for graphic designers
- psd tuts: A tutorial on advanced glow techniques in Photoshop
Latest Photography Schools Articles & News
Professionals showcase their photos in English museum
Two photographers are displaying their work at a museum in Nottingham, England.
New flash templates for photographers released by website
A photography website announced that it has come out with a new Flash template design recently.